SNY February Writing Challenge: Transform
I came up with this challenge for no other reason than it being necessary. February is a great month for reflection. Mainly because the newness of the New Year is starting to fade and we need to refuel and reenergize to keep up the enthusiasm. Also, not only is it Black History Month but it is also a month coined for the display of love. Whether you’re single, unhappily attached or, just head over heels for someone – everything good starts with a little love.
I’ve created a random topic for each day to help spark the part of your heart that loves without intention and reminds you that you’re human. Life often times makes us forget that we can even operate in those spaces. I think that if we condition our minds to think outside “what’s happening,” we’ll being to change the world. Whether you write and post your thoughts publicly or in private, I hope these topics transform your head space. I’ll be participating as well.
0213 – Transform:
1. Speak to someone you don’t know today, engage them in conversation, and then describe how this made you feel.
2. Call an old friend. How did the conversation go?
3. Recall a time when you loved someone without caring if the feeling was mutual or not.
4. We spend a lot of time looking everywhere but up. Some time today take a moment to look up. What do you see? What have you been missing?
5. Donate something. Why did you choose to give to this particular person or organization?
6. If you were in trouble or needed help, how many people could you call? What does this say about your life?
7. If you could choose to save the world of someone you know or don’t know, who would it be, why, and how would you do it?
8. We tend to let people meet the person we want to be and not who we are. Does the person you are match up to the person you give to others? Why or why not?
9. If you could be responsible for what trend it would be what? Why?
10. What do you believe in?
11. The sweetest thing you’ve ever known is?
12. What hurts the most?
13. Your family at this very moment provides what to your life?
14. Finish this: Love to me is…
15. What are your current responsibilities?
16. How do you love a person back to life?
17. Comfort is found where?
18. Most of us have that person that got away. Are you one of those people? How did you let that happen?
19. Define what it means to you to be a friend. Are you this friend?
20. Who are you?
21. Commit to changing something right now. What is it? How will you go about this? How will you make sure you follow through?
22. A song that currently speaks to your life now is?
23. Write a good-bye letter to someone or something.
24. What is one thing your mom has done or said that has stuck with you up until now?
25. Speak about your pride.
27. Are you loved?
28. Can you change the world?posted on: